Caesar Steak Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Light, easy to make Caesar dressing with lightly seasoned steak
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh garlic finely minced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt table salt will work as well
- 1/8-1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, coddled
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped into bite size pieces
- 8-14 oz steak grilled or pan fried can be hot or cold whatever you prefer
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese shavings
Wash lettuce and tear into bite size pieces, pat dry, or use salad spinner to drain any water off.
In small container with lid (I use a jar) mix together, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
Add dry mustard, worcestershire sauce and grated parmesan cheese to jar, and shake together.
Coddle egg. Heat small pan of boiling water, enough to cover egg completely. Place egg into boiling water, remove from heat and cover for 30 seconds. Remove and immediately and separate yolk and white.
Add yolk into dressing. Discard white.
Add salt and pepper. I start with a small amount and test adding dashes until I get desired seasoning.
Shake ingredients together until well combined.
Pour dressing over lettuce and toss.
Top with steak, parmesan cheese shavings and fresh ground pepper.