Hearty Tortellini Soup
This hearty Tortellini soup is loaded with vegetables, ground beef, sausage and tortellini simmered in a savoury broth.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 links mild Italian sausage sliced
- 1 can (28oz) tomatoes undrained, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 can (14oz) red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cabbage chopped
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup diced, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups cheese filled tortellini fresh or frozen
- 2 cups fresh spinach shredded
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
Stir in ground beef and sausage. Cook until beef is no longer pink.
Stir in tomatoes, beef stock, kidney beans, cabbage, green beans, zucchini, sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
Stir in red wine, tortellini and spinach.
Cook uncovered for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm.
Taste, adjusting seasoning.
Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 931mg | Potassium: 599mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2900IU | Vitamin C: 13.3mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 2.8mg