One Pan Shrimp Asparagus Carbonara
A quick and easy pasta dish that is perfect for busy families, yet so incredibly tasty you'll want to make it for company.
- 8 slices bacon diced I like to use bacon with less fat, or cut away excess fat
- ⅓ cup onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 12 oz box Barilla® Pronto™ Spaghetti regular pasta can be used cook as per box instructions
- 16 oz tail-off cooked large shrimp thawed
- 1 cup fresh asparagus chopped into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- fresh ground pepper
- ¼ tsp koscher salt
In large non-stick skillet cook bacon until crisp.
Add onions and garlic, saute until onions are soft (about 2 minutes)
Remove from skillet and set aside.
Drain any excess grease from pan, add 3 cups of cold water and whole box of Barilla Pronto spaghetti and ¼ tsp. salt.
Cook on high heat, stirring regularly until most of the water is absorbed, about 7 minutes.
Add shrimp and asparagus; cook an additional 3 minutes.
In small bowl mix together cream, egg yolks and parmesan cheese.
Add bacon mixture into pasta, then stir cream mixture into pasta.
I like to use two wooden spoons to toss everything together evenly.
* do not allow pasta to cool before stirring in cream, egg, cheese mixture. The hot pasta is what cooks the eggs, cream and cheese.
*If you prefer to use regular pasta, cook as per box instructions and keep warm until adding to sauce.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 343mg | Sodium: 1152mg | Potassium: 233mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 335mg | Iron: 2.5mg