Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
Servings: 3 cups
This recipe is exceptional with tangy smoky taste enhanced with the great flavour of Jack Daniel's Whiskey. This superb sauce has a great thick consistency that works well on ribs, chicken and steak.
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup fancy molasses regular molasses will also work
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- ½ tsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce add more if you like it spicy
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
In a large sauce pan combine ½ cup Jack Daniel's, onion and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent (about 7 minutes).
Stir in all remaining ingredients except the 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniel's whiskey.
Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low heat uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniel's and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Brush onto meat, poultry, seafood of your choice for grilling.
Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to one week.
Calories: 715kcal | Carbohydrates: 152g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2638mg | Potassium: 2199mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 139g | Vitamin A: 1155IU | Vitamin C: 16.7mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 6.5mg