Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
This recipe is exceptional with tangy smoky taste enhanced with the great flavour of Jack Daniel's Whiskey. This superb sauce has a great thick consistency that works well on ribs, chicken and steak.
- ½ cup Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup fancy molasses regular molasses will also work
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- ½ teaspoon Frank's Red Hot Sauce add more if you like it spicy
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large saucepan add olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic.
Stir in all remaining ingredients.
Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low heat uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
Taste and season as desired with more salt, pepper or hot sauce. You can also add another splash of Jack Daniel's whiskey. Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Brush onto meat, poultry, seafood of your choice for grilling.
Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 673mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 292IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2mg