Homemade Mushroom Soup
This Homemade Mushroom Soup is so exceptional you'll never want to eat canned again.
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms assorted variety 300g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp flour dissolved in 1 tbsp. water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- dash of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley or chives for garnish
Heat olive oil in sauce pan. Add butter and lightly sauté garlic on medium heat.
Add mushrooms, thyme, bay leaf and worcestershire sauce.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until moisture from mushrooms has evaporated.
Add in chicken broth, stir occasionally until broth boils, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add diluted flour, stirring constantly until soup thickens.
Season with salt and dash of nutmeg.
Add cream and milk, bring to slow simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve with fresh ground pepper and garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 620mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1315IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 1.7mg