Prosciutto Wrapped Burgers
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Italian flavoured breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 12 slices prosciutto
- Add onions, garlic, tomato paste, salt and pepper to ground beef, mix together.
- Add bread crumbs, mixed until combined.
- Add egg (slightly beaten), combine.
- Form into burgers.
- Cover with overlapping layers of prosciutto.
- Bake 350 for approximately 30 minutes or done temperature of 165 degrees.
- Makes 4 large or 6 medium burgers
*TIP- When mixing ingredients into ground beef don't over mix; over mixing can cause tough burgers.
|Mix ingredients together|
|Form into thick patties|
Cover with prosciutto and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or desired burger temperature. I like mine cooked to 165. Also great for barbecue!