This recipe for Cinnamon Roll Swirl Cake tastes just like a fresh cinnamon bun, but easier to make!
Is there any better aroma than something baking in the oven with cinnamon. At our house as a child it was the smell of Mom’s Cinnamon Rolls; we could smell them baking a block from our house while we ran home from school. Cinnamon is my all time favourite spice to use in decadent desserts to warm ciders on a cold winter night.
What I love about this Cinnamon Roll Swirl Cake recipe it is so simple to make, yet so incredibly tasty. You get the great Cinnamon Bun flavour without spending all day making it. Another awesome thing about this recipe is that it consists of ingredients most of us have readily available in the house!
I made my cake in a 9×13 baking pan, but I think next time I try this recipe I will use a bundt pan for a more elegant presentation. Baking time will be slightly longer.
Cinnamon Roll Swirl Cake
This recipe for Cinnamon Roll Swirl Cake tastes just like a fresh cinnamon bun, but easier to make!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- For Cake Batter
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Topping Mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter almost to point of melted, very soft
- Sweet Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine together all "batter" ingredients except for butter.
- Once mixed, slowly add in the butter and combine.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix together all ingredients for Topping Mix until well combined.
- Pour over cake batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 until fully baked.
- Mix together all the Sweet Glaze ingredients, set aside until cake is done.
- Once cake is done, remove from oven, and while still warm drizzle glaze over cake.
recipe courtesyIncredible Recipes cookbook.
Calories: 574kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 333mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 56g | Vitamin A: 810IU | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 2mg
Check out these other amazingly delicious desserts, Moist Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting