Pork Chops Cordon Bleu
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time 30-40 Minutes Serves: 4
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 4 slices Gruyere cheese
- 4 slice Canadian back bacon
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Slice pork chops horizontally throughout the middle.
- Insert slice of Gruyere cheese and slice of Canadian back bacon.
- Seal edges with toothpick.
- Combine together egg and milk in bowl large enough to dip pork chops in.
- In separate bowl combine together Panko bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Salt and pepper pork chops, then lightly dust with flour.
- Dip into egg mixture,
- Immediately dip into Panko bread crumbs, press into pork chops.
- Heat olive oil or vegetable oil in frying pan,
- Brown pork chops on both sides until golden.
- Transfer to baking pan with rack and continue baking in oven at 350 degrees until done. Approximately 30- 40 minutes. (depends on thickness of your pork chops)
- I use a meat thermometer and cook until internal temperature of 160.