This Chocolate Ganache Valentine Cake is not only gorgeous, it tastes amazing! Rich chocolate cake covered in a chocolate ganache, then filled with a mixture of fresh berries and banana.
A perfect cake to serve after that romantic Valentine dinner or any special occasion. My Nordic Ware cake pan added that extra special elegant touch.
I filled the centre of my cake with a combination or fresh berries and bananas, which added a nice contrast of flavour to the rich chocolate. Use any of your favourite fresh fruit and a dollop of whipped cream.
Valentine’s Day just would’t be the same without chocolate and what could be more decadent than Chocolate Cake covered with Chocolate Ganache served with fresh berries. This is my “Best Ever Chocolate Cake” recipe.
This cake was my contribution to a great project hosted by Valerie from The Canadian Food Experience Project. Canadian Bloggers sharing “My Canadian Love Affair”.
Chocolate Ganache Cake
Author: Laureen King
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- For Chocolate Ganache
- 10 ounces good quality chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Grease Valentine Bundt Pan or two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, combine well.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mix alternating with buttermilk to butter mixture, combine until mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 mins prior to inverting on wire rack.
- After cake is cooled coat with Chocolate Ganache
- For Chocolate Ganache: chop chocolate into small pieces, place in heavy bowl.
- Heat cream just to boiling point, remove from heat.
- Add corn syrup to cream, stir well, then immediately pour over chocolate.
- Let sit for about 2 minutes, then gently stir cream and chocolate together.
- Keep stirring gently until chocolate and cream are combined.
- Stir slowly or you will get air bubbles in the ganache.
- While still warm pour slowly and evenly to cover cake.
- Decorate centre with your favorite berries.
Enjoy these other impressive desserts, Homemade Angel Food Cake, Poppyseed Chiffon Cake, and Baileys Irish Cream Macarons.
Check out this link to buy this gorgeous heart cake pan – Heart Cake Pan