I love spaghetti squash! There are endless ways to serve it, delicious on its own or served up with something saucy.
For this dish I had a little help from Chef Lynn Crawford and her savoury recipes for Shrimp with Sauce made for Waterview Market. Now you may assume as a food blogger I am always making things from scratch, but even I need a break and this is when I use great quality ready-made products. Waterview Market has six varieties of Shrimp with Sauce and they are all exceptional! I used the Lemon & Garlic Shrimp and served it with a tasty oven baked spaghetti squash. Serving this dish in the spaghetti squash shell made a lovely presentation.
Baked spaghetti squash is so easy to make. Simply cut squash in half, scoop out the seeds, rub the inside with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake. Spaghetti squash is the perfect companion for meat sauce, marinara sauce, curries or any kind of savoury sauce. I also enjoy spaghetti squash served very simple with salt, pepper and a pat of butter.
Spaghetti Squash with Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 1 package Waterview Market Lemon and Garlic Shrimp
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Using sharp knife cut spaghetti squash in half.
- Scrape out seeds using tablespoon.
- Lightly coat inside with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use very little salt as Lemon & Garlic Shrimp has enough salt in it.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil.
- Place squash cut side down on baking sheet.
- Bake 350º for 1 hour.
- Prepare Lemon & Garlic Shrimp as per package instructions.
- Using fork lightly loosen strands of baked spaghetti squash.
- Top with Lemon & Garlic Shrimp and sauce.
Chef Lynn Crawford is one of my favourite chefs and I must say these recipes for Waterview Market's Shrimp with Sauce are exceptional. I love that the sauce is packaged separately and added to the shrimp after it is cooked. This helps to maintain the great texture and flavour of the shrimp, preventing it from becoming that tough rubbery shrimp you often get in pre-packaged meals.
Disclaimer: I received coupons to try Waterview Market Shrimp with Sauce. Opinions are my own.