|I didn't add any instructions|
on how to weave the bacon
as youtube has many great videos
that would be better to learn
how to do this. VERY EASY!
Basket Weave Bacon Meatloaf
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 lb thick cut bacon (10-12 slices)
- 4-5 slices of aged cheddar cheese
- 1 can tomato paste (small size)
- Heat olive oil in skillet and sauté onions until golden.
- In large mixing bowl, combine together ground beef, sautéd onions, Italian bread crumbs.
- Add slightly beaten egg, mix together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into log and place in shallow baking pan.
- Spread thick layer of tomato paste over meatloaf.
- Add layer of cheddar cheese onto of tomato paste
- Top with basket woven bacon. Tuck edges under meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered 350 degrees for about 11/2 hours (done temperature of 160 F)
To complete the meal I served with creamy mashed potatoes and oven roasted baby carrots.
Enjoy these other ground beef recipes, Sicilian Meatloaf, Italian Kitchen Meatballs, and Swedish Meatballs.