These healthy wholesome Blueberry Bran Muffins are loaded with blueberries and taste amazing!
Blueberry Bran Muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go or anytime snack. These healthy muffins are quick and easy to make and freeze great. I used oat bran in this recipe but you can also use wheat bran. Both pack a great punch of nutrition that is rich in dietary fibre and vitamins. Fresh ripe blueberries make them even healthier with a tasty boost of antioxidants.
A moist and delicious muffin loaded with fresh blueberries! When preparing the batter don’t over-mix, or you will have tough and dry muffins. Batter should be lumpy and thick. I only use my mixer to blend up the wet ingredients, then switch to hand mixing to blend everything together.
- ¾ cup oat bran
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup multigrain flour (whole wheat can also be used)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine together oat bran, flours, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. I use a whisk to gently blend together dry ingredients.
- Using mixer blend together sugar, butter, molasses, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with yogurt, hand mixing with wooden spoon. (about a third at a time). Don't over-mix, batter should remain lumpy or muffins will be tough and dry.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter equally into muffin cups; bake 375º 15-18 minutes until tops are firm to the touch.