Avocado Dressing packs some serious flavour! A creamy dressing combining the tantalizing flavours of avocado, cilantro, cumin, lime, garlic and Jalapeño peppers.
I love making my own salad dressing and this thick and creamy Avocado Dressing is delicious on fresh greens. The dressing is thicker, so it also works well as a dip or even a spread on sandwiches. A great thing about making your own dressings is that you can season them to your liking. Do you like a bit more of a kick, add some more Jalapeños or Mexican spice. The key is to just keeping tasting, adding a bit more until it suits your taste buds! Be sure to check out my recipe for Fresh Herb Italian Dressing as well.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoon red onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon Jalapeño pepper finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried cumin
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Mexican spice optional
- Place all ingredients into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust spices to your liking.
- Serve on your favourite greens, or use as a dip or spread.
I used this dressing on my recipe for Citrus salad with Artichokes Pistachios