The combination of flavours in this recipe for Broccoli Mushroom Salad is so delicious! Fresh broccoli, bean sprouts and mushrooms, tossed in a yummy asian dressing.
Broccoli Mushroom Salad is a perfect salad to serve with grilled steak or all on its own as a lunch dish. This is a great salad to bring to your next potluck or Backyard BBQ. Another super salad recipe you may want to check out is this my Avocado Citrus Salad with homemade poppyseed dressing.
I added a bit of crunch to this salad with toasted chow mein noodles and hemp seeds! Some more great ideas are sunflower or pumpkin seeds, peanuts or any of your favorite nuts.
Broccoli Mushroom Salad
Broccoli Mushroom Salad is made with fresh broccoli, bean sprouts and mushrooms, tossed in a delicious asian dressing.
- 3-4 cups fresh broccoli chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds or sesame seeds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 11/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Toss all salad ingredients together except for chow mein noodles.
- In jar mix together dressing ingredients, shake well.
- Toss together dressing and salad ingredients.
- Immediately before serving toss in chow mein noodles. (this way they don't get soggy).
Calories: 470kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 14gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 782mgPotassium: 326mgFiber: 6gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 245IUVitamin C: 35.1mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 3.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Looks yummy. where do you find Hemp seeds?
I buy Hemp seed at this Whole Foods market (Amaranth Foods) I love in St. Albert, Alberta, but if I'm not mistaken I think Costco sells them.
Yummy n healthy. Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
thank you kindly Devi.