Vanilla Butternut Squash Bisque
- 4 cups cooked butternut squash pureed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ vanilla bean seeds scraped out
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ⅓ cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the stock and puréed squash, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Using a blender, purée soup.
- Return the puréed soup to the pot over medium-low heat. Add the cream, vanilla bean seeds, and salt. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the soup is hot.
- Stir in the white pepper and cheese. Top each portion with garnish, and serve immediately.
Vanilla Butternut Squash Bisque is one of my favourite soup recipes and I make it often. Garnish with bacon and chives or even oyster crackers.