Frittatas are great to make for breakfast or brunch. You will impress your guests by baking them in individual serving dishes and serving with a bowl of fresh fruit, juice and of course coffee! I love my Le Creuset , such pretty bakeware that goes from oven to table.
Baked Veggie Frittata
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
Serves: 2 Bake Time: 20 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In skillet heat olive oil, add all of the vegetables and sauté until tender but still firm.
- In bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetables into individual serving pans and spread evenly.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables, do not stir.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil, top frittata with shredded cheese and bake until melted.
*add what ever veggies you have on hand. Excellent choices are asparagus and broccoli.