Exceptionally creamy this reduced sugar recipe for Creamy Rice Pudding is fabulous and so easy to make!
I love rice pudding, creamy, vanilla flavoured with a just pinch of cinnamon. This Creamy Rice Pudding recipe is fantastic and better yet, its a reduced sugar rice pudding recipe! Zing™ Baking Blend added just the right amount of sweetness. Zing™ is a great sugar substitution that is made with stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar. It is only 5 calories per serving!
To get the perfect texture I prefer to use milk rather than cream, then gently cook until the milk is almost all absorbed. After the pudding has cooled and set, fold in some whipped cream to add more luscious creaminess. My family likes the simple flavours of just vanilla and cinnamon, but add your own twist to the recipe. Raisins, cranberries or other dried fruit make great additions.
Creamy Rice Pudding
- 4 cups milk I used 2%
- ½ cup white rice
- 2 tablespoon Zing™ Baking Blend ¼ cup regular sugar can be substituted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- Combine milk, rice, vanilla and Zing™ Baking Blend together in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer uncovered for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is cooked tender and almost all the milk is absorbed.
- Pudding should still be a thick creamy liquid. It will set more once refrigerated.
- Remove from stove, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cooled and set.
- Prior to serving whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into rice pudding.
*Disclaimer - I received compensation for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are my own.