Beer Can Chicken
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
Prep Time 10 mins Roast Time: 50-60 mins. Serves 4-6
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 can of your favourite beer
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat barbeque.
- Coat chicken with olive oil.
- Mix together all the spices
- Rub 1/2 of spice mixture all over chicken, inside as well.
- Drink about 1/2 of the can of beer, then put other 1/2 of spice mix into beer can.
- Put chopped onion into beer can.
- Put beer into chicken rack then push chicken butt 1/2 way down beer can. (see pic below)
- Place chicken rack on old cookie sheet covered with foil.
- Roast on barbeque, medium heat, until chicken reaches internal temperature of 185 degrees; about 1 hour depending on the size of chicken.
|Coat chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle with spice mix.|
|Put beer onto chicken rack which is placed on old|
foil covered cookie sheet. Push chicken onto beer can
Roast medium heat until 185 degrees, about 1 hour
|Drink 1/2 the beer out of can.|
Put remaining 1/2 of spice mix
into beer and chopped onion.