This recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is by far one of the best beef stroganoff recipes I've made. Fork tender beef with a savoury gravy served with broad or egg noodles!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
Recipe adapted from Ricardo Cuisine
Prep Time: 30 Mins. Cook Time: 4 hours Serves 4-6
- 1 1/2 lb beef
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Grainy mustard
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Fresh parsley, chives or green onions chopped
- Cut beef into slices, salt and pepper.
- Dust slices of beef with flour.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, and brown meat.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- In same skillet add butter, sauté onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Deglaze skillet with red wine.
- Next add beef broth, paprika and mustards.
- Pour over beef in slow cooker and mix together.
- Cook on high heat for about 2 hours or low heat 4-5 hours.
- Prior to serving add sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh parley, chives or green onions.
- Serve with egg noodles, or any broad pasta.
slice beef, salt and pepper, dust with flour
heat olive oil, sauté until meat is browned, transfer to slow cooker
add butter to skillet, sauté mushrooms, garlic and onion
deglaze skillet with red wine, add beef broth, mustards, paprika
pour over beef, cook, cover and cook 2 hours high 4-5 hours low.
add sour cream prior to serving. Garnish with parsley, chives.
Here are two more awesome beef recipes you will enjoy Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches with Homemade Onion Rings.