This recipe for 5 Minute Strawberry Sauce is so quick and easy to make. A delicious topping for ice-cream, cheesecake, pancakes, or your favourite dessert!
Spring is finally here and with it comes the abundance of fresh fruits appearing at your local food store or farmers market. Enjoy your favorite dessert, Fluffy Pancakes topped with this amazing 5 Minute Strawberry Sauce. This strawberry sauce also makes an excellent topping for my Tall and Creamy New York Cheesecake Homemade Angel food Cake, or what ever your favourite dessert may be! With this recipe you can be enjoying fresh strawberry sauce in just a few minutes and in 5 simple steps. Even if you are just starting in world of cooking this is the perfect recipe to practice your sauce making skills. Typically I like to leave smaller strawberries whole and just half or quarter larger ones, but its up to you how big or small you want them!
5 Minute Strawberry Sauce
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- In medium size sauce pan place strawberries, sugar and lemon juice
- Cook over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes
- In small bowl combine together cornstarch and water.
- Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into strawberries.
- Cook for additional minute until sauce thickens.
- Serve over icecream, cheesecake, pancakes or your favourite dessert