This week I had the pleasure of spending time with a very special young lady, Hannah. Since I do not have a daughter I treasured every minute we had together cooking, taking photos and just having great girl chat. Hannah has great flair for photography, design and cooking and together we created this blog post for Steak Salad.
For this recipe we used the leftover steak from dinner the night before, a simple BBQ’d grilled New York strip. Mixed together our favourite salad greens and avocado, then served in a baked tortilla bowl. The dressing was a great tasting roasted garlic and chili Aoili sauce.
- 2 large flour or corn tortillas
- 1 6-8 oz grilled steak (I used leftover New York Strip)
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 6-8 Tiny Tim tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup cooked corn
- 4 tbsp. roasted garlic chili Aoili sauce or your fav salad dressing