These Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars are addictive, made with healthy organic coconut oil and unsweetened coconut.
I bought a large container of organic coconut oil, it is suppose to be good for you, right? Now what do I do with a large amount of coconut oil. Firstly I tried frying my Panko Crusted Chicken in it. No go, my husband didn’t like chicken tasting like coconut. Secondly, a friend said she ate it right out of the jar, a couple of teaspoons a day. No go, I felt like I was eating Crisco. Next came making a bar from it. Coconut chocolate bars are one of my favorites, so why not a healthy version. Huge hit, these taste amazing! Simple ingredients sweetened only with organic honey. Now I can get all the healthy benefits of coconut oil in a tasty little treat.
Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars
Author: Laureen King
Recipe type: Healthy Snack
Serves: 16 squares
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup organic honey
- 12 ounces organic dark chocolate
- Warm coconut oil just until it is liquified.
- Add shredded coconut, and honey.
- Combine well.
- Line shallow baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press mixture into baking pan, freeze or refrigerate until solid.
- Melt chocolate and spread over coconut.
- Cut into squares and keep refrigerated.
- Cut bars at room temperature to make chocolate easier to cut
Recipe adapted from Kasey's Kitchen