Chocolate Truffle Cookies are the ultimate chocolate cookie. Three kinds of chocolate for cookies that are nice and crisp on the outside yet soft and chewy on the inside.
I always use good quality ingredients when baking and it is especially important for these chocolate cookies.
For the best results making these cookies, use best quality chocolate! The better the quality of chocolate you use, the better the flavour. These cookies are a decadent treat, worth the splurge on some fine quality ingredients.
I think this recipe should come with a warning because they are only for the serious Chocoholic! Great crisp texture on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside.
Chocolate Truffle Cookies
These Chocolate Truffle Cookies are the ultimate chocolate lover's cookie. These cookies are nice and crisp on the outside yet soft and chewy on the inside.
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 ounces good quality bitter sweet chocolate chopped
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp. butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup good quality bitter sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Using a heat proof bowl melt chocolate in microwave at 50% power, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth, set aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl using paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time mixing well in between.
- Increase speed to high and beat for about 3 minutes until batter is light and pale in colour, scrape bowl as needed.
- Turn mixer to low, add in melted chocolate and vanilla, combine just until incorporated.
- Remove bowl from mixer and with spatula fold in flour mixture. (do not over mix )
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Immediately scoop dough onto cookie sheets (heaping tablespoon) about 2 inches apart.
- As dough will harden quickly scoop all dough onto cookies sheets. It is best to bake all cookies at once if you have a convection oven, if not keep cookies at room temperature until ready to bake next batch.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until tops evenly crack, turn cookie sheet halfway through baking time.
- Leave cookies to cool on cookie sheet on wire rack before removing.
adapted from Tom Douglas The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook
Calories: 177kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 2gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 58mgPotassium: 135mgFiber: 1gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 95IUCalcium: 36mgIron: 1.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!