I think this recipe should come with a warning because they are only for the serious Chocoholic! Great crisp texture on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside.
Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 ounces good quality bitter sweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup good quality bitter sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Using a heat proof bowl melt chocolate in microwave at 50% power, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth, set aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl using paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time mixing well in between.
- Increase speed to high and beat for about 3 minutes until batter is light and pale in colour, scrape bowl as needed.
- Turn mixer to low, add in melted chocolate and vanilla, combine just until incorporated.
- Remove bowl from mixer and with spatula fold in flour mixture. (do not over mix )
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Immediately scoop dough onto cookie sheets (heaping tablespoon) about 2 inches apart.
- As dough will harden quickly scoop all dough onto cookies sheets. It is best to bake all cookies at once if you have a convection oven, if not keep cookies at room temperature until ready to bake next batch.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until tops evenly crack, turn cookie sheet halfway through baking time.
- Leave cookies to cool on cookie sheet on wire rack before removing.