Jack Daniel's Sour Cherry Cobbler
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKithchen
- 6- 8 cups sour cherries pitted
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp. Minute Tapioca
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cherries, Jack Daniels and 1/2 cup sugar in large baking dish (I use 9 x 13 pan so all the cherries are in the marinate. Marinate cherries for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Drain before using in the cobbler.
- Sift flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
- Cut 3/4 cups of chilled butter into small cubes.
- Add butter to the flour mixture cutting it in with a pastry blender until it looks like course crumbs.
- Pour in the cream and mix just until the dough comes together. DON'T overwork; dough should be slightly sticky.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a 10 inch pan. (I used oven for this).
- Stir tapioca into drained cherries.
- Add drained cherries on top of butter to pan (don't stir). Sprinkle with a bit more sugar if you like the cherries sweeter.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons over the cherries. Leave in clumps, don't smooth out.
- Brush the top with some cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 50 mins to 1 hour in oven on baking sheet until the cobbler is browned and fruit is bubbling.
- Serve warm with ice cream.