My husband's family love their potato salad with an oil and vinaigrette dressing, mine love their with good old mayonnaise dressing. Then there comes to choice of what to add - eggs, radishes, pickles, onions? For my potato salad recipe I decided to add kale, bacon and corn. I love Irish Colcannon, so I decided since kale tastes so yum in Colcannon, why not potato salad. This recipe tastes fantastic warm or cold!
Bacon Kale Potato Salad
- 2 lbs baby new potatoes
- 1 cup fresh cooked corn
- 6-10 slices bacon
- 1 bunch fresh Kale chopped about 3 cups, rib centre removed
- 2 cloves garlic roasted
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces.
- In large bowl, toss together potatoes and olive oil.
- Spread potatoes and garlic cloves (unpeeled) on to cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally to brown all sides.
- While potatoes are baking fry bacon until crisp, cut into pieces.
- In separate skillet melt butter, add kale and cook over medium heat until kale is tender and turns vibrant green.
- In medium size bowl mix together, parmesan cheese, red onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, fresh dill, cover and refrigerate until potatoes are done.
- When potatoes and garlic are done - remove skin from garlic, mash and stir into dressing.
- In large bowl combine together potatoes, corn, bacon and kale.
- Stir mayonnaise dressing into potatoes and combine well.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Be sure to try this awesome recipe for mashed potatoes, Irish Colcannon