Cilantro Lime Chicken Pasta is bursting with flavor! Chicken and pasta tossed together with vegetables in a creamy Alfredo sauce.
Cilantro lime chicken is a delicious dinner that is quick and simple to prepare. Zesty lime and cilantro pairs perfectly with the creamy Alfredo sauce. I used my Homemade Alfredo Sauce for this recipe, but your favorite store bought sauce will work as well.
Dinner just doesn't get any easier! This chicken and pasta recipe is perfect for those busy days as it can be prepared in under 30 minutes. Exceptionally flavorful, this is sure to become one of your family's favourite meals.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts about 1 lb.
- 2 teaspoon roasted garlic herb seasoning
- 3 limes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 ½ cups Alfredo sauce I made my own, but store bought roasted garlic Alfredo Sauce will work
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz linguine pasta
- ¼ cup white wine can substitute ¼ cup chicken broth
- fresh ground pepper
- Start large pot of water boiling for the pasta.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Place in bowl.
- Grate zest from 2 limes to make 1 teaspoon of zest. Squeeze juice from limes to make ¼ cup of juice.
- Toss chicken together with 1 tbsp. Olive Oil, roasted garlic herb seasoning and lime zest.
- Start pasta cooking while frying chicken.
- Heat large frying pan medium high heat, add remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, add white wine (chicken broth will also work) and lime juice. Scrape all browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Stir in Alfredo Sauce, bell peppers and peas and ¼ cup of cilantro. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until peppers and peas are tender.
- Add chicken back to pan, then toss together with cooked pasta.
- Serve chicken and pasta by topping servings with 1 tbsp. of grated parmesan cheese, a dollop of salsa, then garnish with fresh cilantro.
What would I serve with Cilantro Lime Chicken Pasta?
a simple tossed salad with Fresh Herb Italian Dressing
Leave a Reply