Growing your own herb garden is perfect for having fresh snipped herbs always on hand for making your own dressings. For this recipe I blended a combination of basil, oregano, thyme and Italian parsley. A fine quality olive oil is a must and well worth a few extra dollars when making homemade dressings.
Fresh Herb Italian Dressing
- ¾ cup fine quality Olive Oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh finely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoon fresh finely chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 teaspoon fresh finely chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pinches fresh ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl and whisk to combine. A small jar also works well.
- Combine all ingredients together and shake well.
- Allow at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavour of the herbs to infuse the oil.
- Serve with your favourite salad greens.
I used this as a marinade for grilled portabella mushrooms. I drained the excess, grilled them gill side down, and added Allouette garlic and herb cheese and melted it. RAVE reviews!!!
Hi Jen, I need to try it on portabella mushrooms, sounds yummy!
This is one of the most annoying web sites I have ever seen with the flashing ads and banner popping up at the bottom. Putting a block in my router to prevent this domain from coming up again.
Sorry you feel this way Robert. My recipes are all free, the ads help me cover the expenses of running my blog.