White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn is so quick and easy to make! Very addictive, so you may want to double the recipe. Tasty chocolate with a hint of peppermint.
What makes this Candy Cane popcorn so good?
- Only 3 ingredients to make this gourmet White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn!
- I only use good quality chocolate for superior flavor, never those white wafer melts. The better the quality of chocolate you use the better tasting it will be.
- Use fresh popcorn kernels that you pop on the stovetop or air popper. If using the microwave, make only plain popcorn without any oils added to it.
- This tasty popcorn makes a great gift. I package the popcorn in beautiful decorative tins or bags and give it as a hostess, neighbor, or even office gifts.
The key to making this popcorn is to use fine quality white chocolate. I have seen similar recipes using candy wafers and almond bark, but my preference is great quality white chocolate. I also pop my popcorn in an air popper. I find microwave bagged popcorn too oily and salty. For the candy cane coating, I crushed the candy in a blender, pulsing, being careful to get crushed cane and not dust. You don't want large bits either that when you have a handful of popcorn it breaks a tooth! Crushed candy canes add amazing, festive flavor to treats. I also use it in my Candy Cane Sugar cookies and Candy Cane Fudge.
This post was originally published December 10, 2013. Occasionally I update with fresh tips, content, and photos. Current update December 7, 2020.
White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn
- 8 cups popcorn popped
- 4 oz fine quality white chocolate
- ½ cup crushed candy canes adjust to your liking
- Using an electric grinder, grind candy canes until you get small bits. I make sure there aren't any big chunks, as that is way too hard on your teeth.
- Pop the popcorn in air popper or stovetop.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler just until melted.
- Place popcorn in extra large bowl. You need lots of room to stir. If doubling the recipe you may want to work in batches.
- Drizzle chocolate over popcorn while continually stirring. Be sure to coat the popcorn evenly.
- Next, sprinkle with crushed candy canes, stirring continually to coat popcorn evenly.
- Spread popcorn out on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Allow chocolate to set before packaging