The key to making this popcorn is to use fine quality white chocolate. I have seen similar recipes using candy wafers and almond bark, but my preference is great quality chocolate. I also pop my popcorn in an air popper. I find microwave bagged popcorn too oily and salty. For the candy cane coating I crushed the candy in a blender, pulsing, being careful to get crushed cane and not dust. You don’t want large bits that when you have a bite full of popcorn it breaks a tooth!
White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn
- 8 cups popcorn popped
- 4 oz fine quality white chocolate
- 1/4-1/2 cup crushed candy canes adjust to your liking
- Melt chocolate over double boiler just until melted.
- Put popcorn in large bowl leaving lots of room to stir. If doubling recipe you may want to do in batches.
- Drizzle chocolate over popcorn while stirring. Coat popcorn evenly.
- Sprinkle mixture with crushed candy canes. Stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread popcorn out on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Allow chocolate to set before packaging