Delicious layers of chocolate coconut crumb, custard filling, chocolate coating!
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
Makes: 36 squaresIngredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla custard powder ( I like Bird's Brand)
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioners' sugar)
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Melt butter, sugar and cocoa in heavy saucepan (medium-low heat).
- Add egg and stir to cook and thicken.
- Remove from heat, stir in graham crumbs and coconut (also nuts if you use).
- Press firmly into ungreased 9x9 inch pan.
- With mixer cream butter until fluffy.
- Add milk, custard powder and icing sugar.
- Beat until light and well combined.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat.
- Cool, but only to point chocolate is still runny.
- Spread over second layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Cut with sharp knife into 36 squares.
Some more great treats to enjoy! Old Fashioned Butter Tarts, Date Squares and Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Squares