Homemade Protein bars are easy to make and contain ingredients you can pronounce! These protein bars are loaded with healthy seeds, chia, hemp, pumpkin and sunflower!
The chia and hemp seed add that extra boost of essential amino acids, omega-3 fats, fibre and a whole lot more! I make enough to last the week, cut into squares and wrap individually for easy to go healthy snacks. Your kids will love the exceptional taste of these homemade protein bars! Use any kind of dried fruit you have on hand such as blueberries, cranberries, apricots, sour cherries, raisins, and figs.
Fuel to Go Homemade Protein Bars
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
Makes: 12-16 squaresIngredients:
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 4 teaspoons butter
- In large bowl combine together, Rice Krispies, dried fruit, seeds and coconut.
- In saucepan stir together peanut butter, butter, honey, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Heat over low heat until ingredients melted, stirring continually.
- DO NOT boil or it will become hard.
- Add peanut butter mix to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Press firmly into 8x8 lightly buttered pan.
- Refrigerate until set.