New Potatoes with Creamy Dill Sauce
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh dill chopped (don't use stem part)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- In large heavy saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add finely chopped onions and sauté until onions are golden brown. (do not over brown)
- Slowly stir in heavy cream.
- Stir in dill. (I only use the feathery ends of the dill, not the stems)
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes until sauce thickens a bit.
- While dill sauce is simmering prepare new potatoes.
- Wash potatoes, removing any blemished spots.
- Add to large pot of cold water (enough to fully cover potatoes).
- Add a teaspoon of salt and cook over medium high heat until potatoes are tender, not mushy.
- Drain and serve with creamy dill sauce.