Here’s a tasty sweet treat, perfect for Valentine’s Day that is healthy for you! These coconut oil bars are made with organic coconut oil, coconut, sweetened with honey then drizzled with dark chocolate.
I made Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars a while back and they are one of the most popular recipes on my blog! I wanted to make something sweet for Valentine’s Day using this great baking pan I have with small bite-sized heart shapes, and this recipe was perfect for it.
Decadent little bite-sized treats drizzled with healthy dark chocolate (72% cocoa)
Coconut Oil Bars
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 cups organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 12 oz dark chocolate 72% cocoa
- Warm coconut oil just until it is liquified.
- Add shredded coconut and honey.
- Combine well.
- Pour into heart shaped candy mold.
- Refrigerate until solid.
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 50% power, stirring often.
- Remove coconut bars from mold.
- Drizzle chocolate over coconut bars.
- Keep refrigerated.
I made these heart shaped coconut oil bars in a chocolate candy mold. Check out this one to buy your own – Heart Shaped Candy Mold