Tender, juicy Pork Chops in a Creamy Brandy Mushroom Sauce is an easy recipe that delivers gourmet flavor. A great one-pan dish.
This recipe starts with pan-fried pork chops that are perfectly seared. Using the same pan you combine mushrooms, garlic, shallots, cream and chicken broth to make a heavenly mushroom sauce. A splash of brandy takes these pork chops from everyday to gourmet! Tender pork chops smothered with mushroom gravy goes perfect with Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Parmesan Oven Roasted Potatoes.
How to cook perfect Pork Chops with Brandy Mushroom Sauce.
- I like to use a cast iron skillet to pan fry the pork chops. It is great for getting a great sear on the chops and some tasty browned bits sticking to the bottom of the pan which add great flavor to the cream sauce.
- Don't overcook the pork chops or they will be tough and dry. Cook only until internal temperature of 160ºF.
- If you are using thick pork chops, fry until you have a great sear on the chops, then transfer to 350ºF oven to continue to cook until done. Prepare the sauce while the chops finish cooking.
- The brandy adds great flavor to the mushroom sauce, but if prefer it can be left out or substituted with white wine.
- I prefer the milder tastes of shallots but regular onions will also work in this recipe.
- Heavy cream is used in this recipe as it thickens the sauce up without having to use any kind of thickening agent, as well as delivering superior creamy taste.
Pork Chops with Brandy Mushroom Sauce
Tender juicy pork chops in a creamy, savoury Brandy Mushroom Sauce
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2-3 large shallots thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½-1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil any cooking oil will do
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Salt and pepper pork chops. Fry medium high heat for about 5-7 minutes per side. If pork chops are quite thick I usually pan fry to get nice brown sear on both sides then transfer to baking dish to finish cooking in the oven at 350 degrees. (do not cover) Cook until internal temperature of 160º
- Remove pork chops from skillet, transfer to baking dish and keep warm in oven while you prepare sauce.
- Add sliced mushrooms to pan and cooked until golden brown. (if needed add a bit more oil or butter to skillet)
- When mushrooms are almost done add shallots and garlic and cook for additional few minutes.
- Add brandy to deglaze skillet.
- Stir in heavy cream and cook until sauce has thicken a bit
- Gradually add some of the chicken stock until sauce gets to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops back to skillet. Cook for additional 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve with your favourite side dish.
Calories: 637kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 55gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 238mgSodium: 785mgPotassium: 1241mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 940IUVitamin C: 4.7mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 2.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!