- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- In heavy saucepan, mix together dates, water, and granulated sugar.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to med-low and simmer for approximately 5-10 minutes until dates have softened and water has evaporated .
- In large mixing bowl combine together oatmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mix and mix until coarse crumbles. (I use a pastry blender for this)
- Pour 1/2 of crumble mix into bottom of baking pan, press down.
- Pour date mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Cover with remaining crumb mix, pressing down slightly.
- Cut into squares.
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Date Squares- Matrimonial Bars