This a 30 minute meal that is so easy to prepare and I received rave reviews from my son. The only substitution I made was thick cut bacon instead of prosciutto.
Capellini D' Angelo Roma
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
Recipe courtesy of A Culinary Journey with Chef Dennis
Serves: 4 Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup peas (cooked)
- 4 oz thick cut bacon (cooked) prosciutto will also work
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 lb capellini or spaghettini
- fresh ground pepper
- extra Romano for garnish
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan, sauté mushrooms until golden.
- Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in cream and chicken stock.
- Add Romano cheese, granulated onion and garlic.
- Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Turn heat down and simmer for about 10 minutes until sauce thickens a bit.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta.
- When pasta is almost done stir peas and bacon into sauce.
- Drain pasta, stir sauce into pasta.
- Garnish with shredded Romano cheese and fresh ground pepper.