Cucumber Watermelon Summer Salad
- 3 cups seedless watermelon cubed
- 2 cups cucumber I used long english, cubed
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- ½ cup purple onion diced
- 1 avocado cubed
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoon tequila
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper and onion in large bowl.
- In jar with lid, combine avocado oil, orange juice, lime juice, tequila, salt and pepper Shake dressing ingredients to combine.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss together with watermelon mix.
- Add cilantro and diced avocado and gently mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving.
I make this salad and my recipe for Santa Fe Salad often for summer BBQ gatherings.
What would you suggest to substitute for the tequila?
I would add 1 tbsp more of lime juice and 1 tbsp more of orange juice.
where would you find the avocado oil.?
Hi Teri, I bought mine at Costco
The author served me this salad and I can attest it is amazing! As a vegetarian it is always a treat to get a a new salad idea! Adding it to my summer salad repetoire. Delicious.
I would love for you to sample more of my vegetarian dishes!