Cucumber Watermelon Summer Salad
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups cucumber, cubed (I used long english)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup purple onion, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup avocado oil or canola oil (I did not like olive oil in this recipe as flavour was too strong)
2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tbsp tequila
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper and onion in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine avocado oil, orange juice, lime juice, tequila, salt and pepper (adjust if needed).
- Pour over watermelon mix.
- Add cilantro and gently mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving.
- Just prior to serving mix in diced avocado.