A Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe that makes AMAZING, fork tender pork! Slow Cooked to perfection in Homemade Jack Daniel’s BBQ sauce.
I love pulled pork sandwiches and this recipe for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is one of the best I’ve ever made. The pork is so tender and juicy with the right amount of zip to it from my Homemade Jack Daniel’s BBQ sauce. Start with buying a good quality pork shoulder roast. This fatty cut is perfect for cooking in the slow cooker and pretty much guarantees you meat that is tender and juicy. If your pork roast comes with thick skin still on, remove and discard.
I like my sandwiches piled high with savoury pork on a toasted bun, nothing else. But if you, like dress it up with some shredded red cabbage, coleslaw, sliced onions, provolone cheese or pickles. Complete your meal with some great side dish recipes like my Cucumber Watermelon Salad , Bacon Kale Potato Salad or Avocado Citrus Toss
Pulled pork sandwiches are a great, economical way to feed a crowd and perfect for those summer get-togethers. Put the pork on in the morning and let it cook all day. You get to enjoy time with your company instead of hovering over the grill. Pulled pork also makes a great potluck dish!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 5 lb (2.3-2.7kg) pork shoulder roast If roast comes with thick skin, remove and discard.
- kosher salt
- 1 medium onion chopped in large chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups Homemade Jack Daniels Sauce
- Generously rub roast with salt and pepper
- Press chunks of onion and garlic into roast.
- Place in slow cooker, cover with Homemade Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce.
- Cook on low setting for about 8 hours until pork falls apart easily (6 hours on high setting). Turn pork every few hours.
- Transfer to cutting board, discard onion and garlic chunks. Using two forks shred pork.
- Transfer back to sauce in slow cooker and keep warm until ready to serve on fresh toasted buns.
Check out this amazing recipe for Homemade Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce. Great on chicken, ribs and all your BBQ favourites!