This is the best Thanksgiving Dessert! My favorite Pumpkin Pie recipe, a no bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie!This recipe will have everyone LOVING Pumpkin Pie, even those that claim they don't like Pumpkin Pie will be coming back for seconds. This no- bake version has a delicious cheese cake layer, topped with a pudding pumpkin layer, then a final layer of whipped cream. The original recipe is from Kraft Foods from a page I clipped out of a magazine from 1991. I modified the recipe a tad, such as doubling the cream cheese layer. The recipe is so quick and simple to prepare; make your own graham pie crust or buy a pre-made one. One problem people ran into with this recipe was the pumpkin layer being too runny. The problem was the brand of pumpkin used. I have only ever used E.D Smith which is really thick. Some brands may have too much water content in them.
No Bake Triple Layer Pumpkin Pie
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen -adapted from Kraft Foods
- 1 8oz pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cold half and half (can use milk if desired)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 5 cups thawed Cool Whip topping
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 pkgs (4-serving size) Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 can (16oz) pumpkin (I use E.D. Smith Brand)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- Mix cream cheese, 2 tbsp. half and half and sugar with wire whisk until smooth and NO lumps.
- Gently fold in 3 cups Cool Whip Topping. (make sure full combined together)
- Spread on bottom on pie crust. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread evenly)
- Pour 1 cup half and half into large mixing bowl, add both pkgs of vanilla pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk until blended 1 minute. (do not use mixer or it will get lumpy)
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices into pudding and mix well.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. (do this by adding dollops over pie, then spread carefully and evenly over pie, so layers don't mix together).
- Top with 2 cups Cool Whip topping.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Here are some more great Holiday Desserts. My best ever Pumpkin Bread Pudding and my favourite pumpkin pie in bite size tarts, Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts and Grandma's Apple Pie